Flood Damage Restoration
Unfortunately, water damage is one of the most serious issues that a property owner can face. Even the smallest amounts of water damage can lead to serious repercussions including but not limited to out-of-control mold growth and structural compromise. If you need to deal with a flood damage situation in your home or business, it is crucial to call the experts at SERVPRO of Minnetonka to mitigate flood damage.
5 Steps of Flood Damage Restoration
- Assessing the extent of the water in the home or business. Through the use of our advanced technology, our technicians will be able to determine if there is water in the structure that has seeped in to the point past what the naked eye is capable of seeing. If the water stems from a pipe break or supply line break, the flow will be stopped.
- Remove the water. The faster the water is removed from the picture, the better. Moisture can lead to mold growth and can compromise the strength of the material it exposes itself to.
- Begin the drying process! Our industrial-strength drying equipment is placed in a pre-planned manner so that the area is dried in the most efficient way possible. Fans are used to circulate the air and dehumidifiers are used to remove the water from the air.
- Ensure the property is dried. Depending on the severity of the water damage, drying can take anywhere from 2-5+ days. Once our experts believe that the area is dry, they will check again using our various tools.
- The cleanup team moves in for the kill. Any items that were removed from the property will be thoroughly cleaned. We will use environmentally friendly and safe chemicals that are capable of cleaning a wide variety of items from photos to books to furniture. In addition to cleaning items, our technicians will sanitize the area. This product will eliminate any nascent mildew or mold growths that commonly occur after water logging.
Our goal is to restore, not to replace. Once the cleanup process is complete, the property will be restore to its pre-disaster condition. Most often this process will take less than 24 hours as hour technicians are capable of arriving to any storm damage situation within an hour from your phone call.
For more information on storm damage restoration, please call 952-473-4837 anytime.