If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (952) 473-4837

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What Is Mold And How Can Homeowners In Oak Knoll Decrease Exposure?

2/3/2017 (Permalink)

Mold Growing on a Wall in Oak Knoll

Limit Humidity in Your Home to Reduce the Risk of Mold Infestations

Constant use of your shower, as well as cooking and cleaning appliances, can cause mold to spread throughout your property. There are several ways for this type of infestation to run rampant in your home, but what is it, and how can you help decrease exposure?
If you suspect that your Oak Knoll home has mold damage, locate a certified professional to assist with the repairs and cleaning before things get out of hand. At SERVPRO as we become more aware of molds and fungi, it is our responsibility to understand them, find out why they exist and get the proper help to control the spread within our homes.
We experience new species regularly; no one knows how many types there are, yet. Molds exist both indoors and outdoors, within our environment, in the air that we breathe, the food and water that we consume, everywhere around us. We also know that various types of airborne molds and spores may cause health effects in certain people if exposed to the right quantity.
However, we have also learned that mold and fungus grow at the highest rate, inside of warm, damp, humid environments, and spread quickly, through the reproduction of microscopic spores. They can even survive harsh dry or cold environments that limit or completely stop normal mold growth, mainly waiting for the right conditions to exist.
Mold growth inside of your home is controllable; it is when things get out of control that you need professional help from a company like SERVPRO. We can help you learn how to control your humidity levels inside and properly ventilate your showers and cooking areas to prevent growth from forming.
SERVPRO technicians can also help you learn which products to use for cleaning smaller contaminated areas. However, when the area exceeds 10 square feet, professional assistance may be necessary to clean the area and mitigate damages properly. It is unlikely that you have the experience or equipment needed to handle a job of larger size and most homeowners find that they make the problem bigger by attempting to do it themselves. We suggest leaving grappling with mold in the hands of the professionals.
At SERVPRO, we recommend maintaining an indoor humidity level of no higher than 50%. Both air conditioners and dehumidifiers can help you keep your humidity low. Install the proper exhaust fans for cooking appliances, dishwashers and clothes dryers. Cleaning the surfaces in your bathroom, kitchen and other constant moisture source areas with mold killing products help as well.
Contact SERVPRO of Minnetonka today for additional advice and professional mold damage restoration and remediation services. (952) 473-4837

Other News

View Recent Posts