A Leak in Your Bathroom Plumbing Can Cause Mold Damage
Team SERVPRO Understands How Mold Proliferates in Your Home
One of the first signs that you may have mold damage in your home is continually detecting a musty odor. Catching the odor anywhere in your home is never a good thing, but it is particularly unfortunate when you come across it in your bathroom. It usually indicates that there is a leak in your plumbing and it has caused a mold colony to grow. It is vital to deal with the mold in your washroom as quickly as possible because it can cause health effects. Fortunately, there is qualified help close to your home that you can rely on.
Many people misunderstand the nature of mold spores and how they come to cause mold damage in your Minneapolis home. The truth is that mold spores are not dangerous and they are everywhere. You can never truly be completely rid of them. However, if they come into contact with moisture, they can rapidly grow and multiply. As they grow, they end up creating a mold colony that can damage the structure of your home.
SERVPRO understands that the longer that mold is in your home, the more damage it can do to the structure of it. We strive to arrive at your residence after your phone call as quickly as possible. Once our technicians get there, we can begin the remediation right away.
The first thing that SERVPRO can do is section off the entrance to your bathroom and any vents inside of it. Creating a quarantine allows us to agitate the mold without giving it the freedom to spread to other parts of your home. As we investigate and find that the mold is building behind your sink, we can begin to disinfect the area and clean the mold from the surface of your walls.
While we work, our SERVPRO techs can set up an air scrubber with a HEPA filter. Not only does it neutralize the smell that mold creates, but it can also capture airborne mold spores. Once the mold has been cleaned away from your walls, we can use an antifungal spray to ensure regrowth is less likely. Finally, our technicians can make sure to remove any excess moisture from the area.
If you come across a musty smell in your home, do not delay. Dial (952) 473-4837 into your phone and contact SERVPRO of Minnetonka. We're open 24/7 and always ready to take your call.
Click here for more information on the city of Minneapolis.