If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (952) 473-4837

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Workshop & Live Burn At Hopkins Fire Department

Scott Clemente, the owner at SERVPRO of Minnetonka, stands outside of the Hopkins Fire Department to briefly explain how they have over 45 property managers and real estate agents in attendance for today’s talk and live-burn demonstration. This event serves as an opportunity to help these professionals understand more about how a room burns and the effectiveness of smoke alarms and suppression systems.

We get a view of the entrance and inner workings of the Hopkins Fire Department. A small glimpse of the equipment this well-prepared, professional fire house uses to protect the community. We are extremely grateful for their participation in this event and would like to take this opportunity to thank them for teaming with SERVPRO to help inform professionals within our community about the dangers that exist. Having an informed, knowledgeable community helps protect everyone, and it is important to understand how to respond to these kinds of emergency situations.

During the talk, Scott explains a common misconception about how often structure fires occur in our area. He also explains that there is no such thing as a small fire when you are a homeowner or happen to be living in a building that experiences this type of event. Before stepping outside for the full-burn demonstration, SERVPRO treats everyone in attendance to a full spread from Q Fanatic, the best barbeque in Minnesota.

Hopkins Fire puts on a live-burn demonstration for the attendees, allowing them to see what might occur first-hand. The left burn-box demonstrates a fire that goes out rather quickly but also produces a massive amount of smoke while the right box has flames that gain momentum causing the firefighters to step in and douse the flames before things get out of hand.

If you look closely, both boxes contain normal items you often find in a home, a mattress, couch, arm chair, desk, and table. The demonstration should make it clear to everyone that smoking in bed, or having candles and portable heaters too close to a flammable source can lead to disaster.

Get the help you need when emergency situations present themselves, call SERVPRO of Minnetonka, today. (952) 473-4837