Top 10 Questions To Ask When Choosing a Carpet Cleaning Company
There are a lot of carpet cleaning companies out there. How do you choose? Here are ten questions to ask to ensure you only use the best!
1. Are your cleaning technicians certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC)? The IICRC is an independent body that certifies people in carpet cleaning. For a technician to be IICRC certified, he or she must go through extensive hands-on training and have passed a comprehensive test. If a carpet cleaning service doesn’t require their technicians to be IICRC certified, consider looking elsewhere.
2. How long have you been in business? How long a company has been in business can speak volumes about their quality. There are many carpet cleaning companies that open and close their doors each year. The best ones tend to stand the test of time!
3. Do you offer “Green” Cleaning? If you have young children in the home or have any household members with sensitive skin or allergies then this could be an important option for you.
4. How is your pricing structured? Many carpet cleaning companies utilize a “bait and switch” technique. They will quote a very low price up front, but then once they secure the job they will add on extras for things like “trip charge”, “gas surcharge”, “stain removal”, “furniture blocking”, etc. When all is said and done, the initial price can triple or quadruple!
5. Do you charge extra for stain removal? This is important to know upfront so you don’t get surprised by extras after the service is performed. A good carpet cleaner will include the price for stain removal in their base price.
6. Do you use a truck mounted cleaning system? A truck mounted cleaning system is critical to effectively clean your carpets. It allows for better extraction of dirt and grime and the proper application of any cleaning agents.
7. Is your company insured against accidental damage? This is important to ensure you are protected in case anything gets damaged during the cleaning.
8. Do you move Furniture? Some carpet cleaning companies will charge high fees for moving furniture. Typically, this should be included in the original price unless a room is literally filled wall to wall with furniture!
9. What do you charge extra for? Again, avoid surprises and make sure the quoted price reflects what is actually charged.
10. Do you charge by room or by square foot? Some carpet cleaning companies will charge by room but in reality, square footage is a much more accurate method to determine pricing. If you think about it, it shouldn’t cost more to clean three small bedrooms versus one large family room if the square footage is comparable!
At SERVPRO of Minnetonka, each of our technicians are certified in cleaning by the IICRC. We have been in business for over 25 years and are proud of our upfront pricing model that includes ALL stain removal.
Please give us a call with any questions at 952-473-4837. We are happy to help even if you don’t end up using our services!