“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
The process of mold mitigation is critical because mold spores are so small and so numerous.
A typical mold spore is only .3 microns in size. To put that in perspective the width of a human hair is 100 microns! Think about it this way, if the IDS Tower in downtown Minneapolis was a 100 microns tall. Then a .3 microns would be the size of a fire hydrant- Mold Spores are that small!
In order to properly remove them from a property the proper tools and equipment must be used along with negative air machines and or air scrubbers to keep those billions of spores contained.
SERVPRO of Minnetonka has Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians on staff to assist with mold mitigation and ensure the job is done properly!
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (952) 473-4837
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (952) 473-4837
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Minnetonka is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.