Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Commercial and residential buildings in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the western suburbs served by SERVPRO of Minnetonka often have all the modern conveniences. Newer homes and remodeled mansions on Lake of the Isles feature beautiful built-in cabinetry and appliances that make life luxurious.
Unfortunately, the polished wood and intricate paneling in kitchens, baths, and finished lower levels can hide water damage. Grout lines permit water to saturate drywall or hardwood flooring. Leaks in ice maker or spa plumbing go unnoticed, but opportunistic mold spores always present absorb the moisture and proliferate.
Cold weather and snowy conditions combined with damaged gutters or clogged downspouts create ice dams that can force water into the attics and top levels of Robbinsdale story-and-a-half mid-century homes and charming Uptown bungalows. Warm air leaks melt the ice which then soaks plaster, drywall, and insulation, creating a perfect environment for unseen mold.
Eventually, a musty smell or dark staining alerts customers to call us for help. Our mold remediation crews are IICRC certified and well-schooled in methods to contain and remove microbial infestations. We do not merely treat visible mold, instead conducting a comprehensive inspection to assess the extent of the problem even if it requires opening areas behind walls, over ceilings, and behind cabinets. Experience and training, as well as the investment we make in advanced mitigation equipment, gives SERVPRO of Minnetonka the resources necessary to handle mold damage scenarios both large and small.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (952) 473-4837
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Minnetonka?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (952) 473-4837
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Minnetonka is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: