Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Commercial and residential buildings in Minneapolis, Golden Valley, St. Paul, and the western suburbs served by SERVPRO of Minnetonka often have all the modern conveniences. Newer homes and remodeled mansions on Lake of the Isles feature beautiful built-in cabinetry and appliances that make life luxurious.
Unfortunately, the polished wood and intricate paneling in kitchens, baths, and finished lower levels can hide water damage. Grout lines permit water to saturate drywall or hardwood flooring. Leaks in ice maker or spa plumbing go unnoticed, but opportunistic mold spores always present absorb the moisture and proliferate.
Cold weather and snowy conditions combined with damaged gutters or clogged downspouts create ice dams that can force water into the attics and top levels of Robbinsdale story-and-a-half mid-century homes and charming Uptown bungalows. Warm air leaks melt the ice which then soaks plaster, drywall, and insulation, creating a perfect environment for unseen mold.
Eventually, a musty smell or dark staining alerts customers to call us for help. Our mold remediation crews are IICRC certified and well-schooled in methods to contain and remove microbial infestations. We do not merely treat visible mold, instead conducting a comprehensive inspection to assess the extent of the problem even if it requires opening areas behind walls, over ceilings, and behind cabinets. Experience and training, as well as the investment we make in advanced mitigation equipment, gives SERVPRO of Minnetonka the resources necessary to handle mold damage scenarios both large and small.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (952) 473-4837
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Minnetonka?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (952) 473-4837
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Minnetonka is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.