Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Commercial and residential buildings in Minneapolis, Golden Valley, St. Paul, and the western suburbs served by SERVPRO of Minnetonka often have all the modern conveniences. Newer homes and remodeled mansions on Lake of the Isles feature beautiful built-in cabinetry and appliances that make life luxurious.
Unfortunately, the polished wood and intricate paneling in kitchens, baths, and finished lower levels can hide water damage. Grout lines permit water to saturate drywall or hardwood flooring. Leaks in ice maker or spa plumbing go unnoticed, but opportunistic mold spores always present absorb the moisture and proliferate.
Cold weather and snowy conditions combined with damaged gutters or clogged downspouts create ice dams that can force water into the attics and top levels of Robbinsdale story-and-a-half mid-century homes and charming Uptown bungalows. Warm air leaks melt the ice which then soaks plaster, drywall, and insulation, creating a perfect environment for unseen mold.
Eventually, a musty smell or dark staining alerts customers to call us for help. Our mold remediation crews are IICRC certified and well-schooled in methods to contain and remove microbial infestations. We do not merely treat visible mold, instead conducting a comprehensive inspection to assess the extent of the problem even if it requires opening areas behind walls, over ceilings, and behind cabinets. Experience and training, as well as the investment we make in advanced mitigation equipment, gives SERVPRO of Minnetonka the resources necessary to handle mold damage scenarios both large and small.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (952) 473-4837
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, Golden Valley?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (952) 473-4837
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, Golden Valley is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Minnetonka community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 2040 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: