St. Paul Water Damage: Frozen Pipes and Other Causes
SERVPRO Lists Water Damaging Factors for St. Paul Properties
One of the worst experiences a residential property owner can undergo is water damage in St. Paul. In addition to entailing costly repairs, water damage can wreak havoc on the homeowner's emotional equilibrium and daily lifestyle. However, learning more about the causes of water damage and how to secure professional services can diminish the issue from having an adverse impact on your finances, property, and mental health. SERVPRO offers the following information regarding water damage.
Six Common Causes Of Water Damage
Many factors can lead to water damage to your property. Some of the more prevalent issues include:
1. plumbing issues, frozen pipes due to lack of use or non-draining before vacancy. This can cause extensive damage to walls, ceilings, and on hardwood flooring. This is a seasonal issue leading to frequent St. Paul water damage.
2. leaking or sweating pipes leading to moisture buildup inside of walls or other voids
3. malfunctioning appliances, fridge water line, washing machine supply line or displaced drain hose
4. ice dams in roof gutters leading to water build up and absorption into soffits and fascias. May require additional attic insulation or gutter cleaning.
5. weather related flooding due to melting snow or storms
6. HVAC issues, condensation drain line clogging
What To Do When You Experience Water Damage
As soon as you realize that significant water damage has transpired on your property, get in touch with your insurance agent. He will help you get all of the information necessary to file a claim, assuming that your policy covers this type of water damage. It is a good idea to take photos of the damage to your property to ensure that you can get the greatest coverage possible. In addition to contacting your insurance agent, you will need to call a water damage restoration company like SERVPRO to start and complete the remediation process with skill and speed.
Let SERVPRO Fix Your Water Damage Issue
After St. Paul water damage to your property, there's no time to waste. You need to contact a team of trained water damage restoration experts for the removal of all standing water to decrease secondary water damage to furnishings and building materials. The best company to call for fast, friendly service is SERVPRO. Our IICRC-certified technicians work expediently and professionally to restore your residential property to its pre-loss condition. "Like it never even happened."
We’re Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists
SERVPRO of Minnetonka responds immediately to fire and water damage emergencies in St. Paul, Minneapolis, and Edina. We proudly serve our local communities and are ready 24/7 to help. (952) 473-4837