Liquids That Can Cause Fire Damage in Minnetonka Mills Homes
You Can Help Prevent Fire Damage by Staying Aware of Flammable Liquids in Your Home
Many homeowners in Minnetonka Hills are already familiar with the many safety hazards within their homes, including burst pipes, weak electrical systems, burning candles, and more. However, there are some that are often ignored but present a severe risk for fire damage when they come into contact with a flame. These include flammable liquids that may be lying around your house.
In the event of an accidental spill, leading to severe fire damage in Minnetonka Mills, SERVPRO has got you covered. Our IICRC-certified technicians can come in quickly to mitigate the damage and restore your property to preloss condition, "Like it never even happened." We use industry-standard tools and techniques in every restoration job, ensuring that you retain the value of your home after the event.
Nail polish remover is one of the most ignored causes of fire damage with which SERVPRO has dealt. The liquid contains acetone, which is very flammable. When a nearby flame (e.g. from a burning candle or gas stove) comes in contact with the polish remover, it can cause a fire that may in turn spread to your upholstery and other materials.
The rubbing alcohol in your medicine cabinet is also flammable and tends to vaporize quickly. At SERVPRO, we receive numerous cases of fire damage resulting from people pouring the liquid over fabrics to eliminate bedbugs. Gasoline, turpentine, and paint thinner are also possible causes of house fires. One reason for this is improper storage in the garage. Filling glass jars with gasoline, for instance, risks them falling and breaking, creating a spark that may lead to a huge fire.
Many backyard grill masters use charcoal lighter fluid to light up the coals quickly. However, it is easy to create an uncontrollable flame on the grill, causing extensive fire damage in the process. It is advisable to douse the coals before lighting them (not after) - when the briquettes are cold. Additionally, avoid spraying anything on the grill that is not recognized charcoal lighter fluid.
Home fires are not something most homeowners would like to think about. When it happens, SERVPRO of Minnetonka is there to help. We are a trusted leader in the restoration industry and provide 24/7 emergency services for local residents and neighboring towns. For any assistance, call us today at (952) 473-4837.
For more information on fire prevention in Minnetonka Mills, click here.