Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A lot of questions typically come up if you find mold in your home or business and even if you just suspect it. We are here to help if you suspect you may have an issue with mold in your home. Most of the time mold clean up and mitigation is a very straight forward process but it is important that it is done properly.
At SERVPRO of Minnetonka, we have several technicians who are certified by the IICRC as "Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians" (AMRT) who can evaluate mold issues in your home.
In addition we can use both moisture meters and infrared cameras to help determine where there may be moisture hiding behind walls and surfaces which helps determine the source of the problem.
Once the problem is identified or IICRC AMRT certified technicians can perform the mitigation according to published mold mitigation protocols.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (952) 473-4837
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, Golden Valley for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, Golden Valley has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Golden Valley
- St Louis Park