Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Every water damage is different and therefore every water damage restoration we perform is different. However, if you have water in your home the first step to limit damage is to extract as much water as possible.
Our certified crews do this through various extraction methods. We have the newest technology available to do this as efficiently and as thoroughly as possible:
- Four truck mounted extraction unites
- Six portable extractors
- Four weighted extractors to remove water from carpet
- Four wood floor drying systems
Over 80% of the water in a typical water damage can be extracted if done properly. SERVPRO of Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, Golden Valley has the equipment and tools to take care of it!
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, Golden Valley can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.